PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do we need an Independant Nuclear Deterrant?
Old 6th Oct 2010, 13:10
cornish-stormrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHR - I'm banning you from this thread for making some sense how dare you!

That is actually a pertinent and interesting point, I'd never thought of it that way. I'd like to voice a what if theory now - if I spaketh Bolleaux then feel free to say so.

Some mad mental terrorist of choice aquires a nuclear device of some type, aha he thinks - time to make someone glow in the dark - BUT WHO?

does he pick a state with no nuclear capability as he knows they can't revenge or does he pick a state with a bomber under the impression they would never dare....

who is to say what it would take from who - what about a rogue state with a complete loony at the helm - aka kim jong so lonely. does the knowledge that either us or the septics or the CESM* could turn his palace into a glass puddle affect his thinking?

now comes the rub - how much are you willing to wager on us not ever needing the bomb? put yourself in shiny Daves position. how much does he gamble?

how about a dirty bomb or nerve gas? ?

the fact we have a big bucket of sunshine and a very accurate delivery system, might it possibly cause them to think - Hmmm, maybe not.

As to the others that keep banging on about seast at the top table and independantness of it all - do try and keep up.

CESM = Cheese eating Surrender Monkeys, AKA french.