PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 6th Oct 2010, 11:52
Joannejo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jennylee...

The next step is calling your references...if they are happy with the reference checks, they will then call you to invite you to a medical. After the telephone call they will send you an e-mail with the details of the medical centre etc and you have to call to make an appointment.

The medical takes around an hour to complete and is pretty straight forward.

If all is well with the medical they should call you again and offer you a job.

For me, I had a recruitment day.....4 days later they called my references..1 day after the reference checks I got a call and was invited to a medical.....

When I called the medical centre the first available appointment wasn't for 4 days, so I had to wait a few days to go and do that.

My medical was 6 days ago now and I haven't heard anything yet, however, as far as I know my medical was fine so it's just a case of waiting for 'the call' for me now. Hopefully I will get a job, but, as they say...there is no guarantees at any stage of the recruitment process. Also, they say it can be up to a two week wait to hear from them, so I'm being patient because it hasn't been even a week yet.

Good luck. I think times def vary from person to person....but don't worry. The fact you progressed past the recruitment day is a good sign.

Keep us updated and I hope all goes well for you

p.s. Thanks for your reply rjsyd last week too! Appreciate it