PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Samsonite suitcases banned!
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2010, 10:40
talon215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you who haven't figured out who i am from my prrune name please disregard. For the likes of 'Ken Scott', HPT and 500 days blah etc, i think it is you lot that have a firm grasp of the none essentials. I was the other side of the door for a long time and never vented what i considered to be a lack of professionalism from some of the main sqn crews. I took the cowboy banter and for years i deployed on dets (not just california or routes and before 2001 when it became en vogue for the rest of you) while the majority of lyneham went on long look cross ske and all the other pre 2001 pointless jollies. I remember a lot of belly aching and moaning and i especially remember a crew that were 12 hours late delivering stuff to 'our' det because they couldn't leave Amman without catering for a 4 hour flight. Frankly the captain could of surivived about 5 years on his own body fat alone but that is another palm tree story...
In short, the previous 3 stn cdrs did nothing but at best keep a steady ship and keep their heads down. Nobody did any force developement and any that was attempted was vehmently boycotted at the grass roots. The current staish took over an shambles and frankly anybody who thinks the K will survive SDSR is either dillusional, piss@d or an old nav. Without the current staish, lye would have just ticked along. To drag up the dirt about previous mishaps is below the belt. If i were to go through all the mishaps that happened on the main sqns while i was at lye, it would take up most of prrunes bandwidth. In terms of leadership, i think he is probably the only person above Wg Cdr who actually know how to spooll it. So, man up and stop using the samsonite issue as a means to slag someone off.
I have only ever previously used this site to monitor the operational risk to my crews when people were chuntering about stuff they didn't know or understand while i had crews stranded at a forward location who were vulnerable to enemy OA as a direct result from the sh@te that was being spouted on here. Frankly, it is the people on here who have too much time on their hands. Please do the usual and post higlighting spelling mistakes etc as i will not be reading this forum again. Later losers................