PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B, Stuff that I have found.
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2010, 05:30
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
"JEESZ" Guys,

I only thought it was 'interesting'......no need to get ya knickers in a knot over it...!!

The article did go on to say that some dude in the UK was also 'suitably unimpressed' and wants the technology banned.....

Read on..

"Conservative member of Parliament (MP) Patrick Mercer, a former chairman of the government's counter-terrorism committee, told the Daily Mail that the app and any like it should be banned. "Anything that makes it easier for our enemies to find targets is madness," he said. "The Government must look at outlawing the marketing of such equipment." The software developers, Pinkfroot, said the non-hobby applications were considered and they dumbed the system down a little. "It is only real-time to an extent - it is about 30 seconds behind. If someone really wants to do that [shoot down a jet] they could buy their own ADS-B or radar," said Pinkfroot director Lee Armstrong."

Now, as a free thinking sort of bloke, I know, and we all know, that there is more than one way to identify / guesstimate / an aircraft and its likely destination.....pretty colours on the tail are a 'ded giveaway'...
(ded - meaning deduced....as in 'ded rekonin'...)

Don't NEED one of these gadgets to find out - plenty of other ways.....

However, THIS technology MIGHT be good for a 'poor man's TCAS....with a little more development... or do they have that already..??