PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero Engineering Degrees / University pilot courses (Merged)
Old 5th Oct 2010, 21:04
Dis.I.Like

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's no doubt that the standard of A levels is getting poorer... I'll be the first to admit that. Not only are A levels getting easier, so too are GCSE's and now its a situation where what used to me 'GCSE' Maths decades ago involved quite a bit of work from the first module of AS level Maths. And today's 'Further Maths' was in fact part of the normal Maths A level.

In short the standard of education has dropped by a year, if that makes sense? But I've been taking Further Maths in the hope that the step up will be that bit easier.

And if I choose to get sponsored by the Army in uni I'll be eligible to a bursary of 4k/year. Now seen as the government grant will cover for tuition fees, my only debt will be whatever money i need on top of the £4k for accommodation. Maybe another £3k a year? That'll amount to a debt of £12- £15k over the course length of 4 years.

On graduating I'll get paid 24.5k for a year of training at Sandhurst. After the training is complete I will be on pay of at least 29.5K/year for a minimum period of 3 years. Well that's according to the army careers website anyway.

And sorry Genghis for taking your comment the way I did.