PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford flight center.
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2010, 19:40
aviationdreams91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Some comparisons and experience

Hi Elly , let me say my experience hope it is useful and compare a little bit between stapleford and others ..... i have been searching for flying schools to start from zero to atpl for months now and Stapleford was the best in the uk !! i have went to cabair , BCFT ( bournemouth ), bristol , oxford and i checked evrything there so i think i can compare very good . i will write in points to be easier to compare .

1) Stapleford has a very large fleet including more than 40 aircraft wich no other place have it with this variety as they have the C152 , piper arrow , piper warrior , Sceneca , and the D42 wich is a great aircraft to fly
( Compared to oxford, they have only the Cessna's , warrior , sceneca , so they dont hae the D42 which is a very big advantage to stapleford (
NB: to b fair the C152's used for the ppl is a little bit old but flying wise no problems and will be great to fly them )

2)The location of stapleford is one of the best locations in the uk to train in , b cuz around the airfield there is their uncontrolled airpsoace and also there is the controlled airspace near central london and essex .
also for the location ,l it is suited between 3 big ariports like heathrow , gatwick and stansted so a lot of traffic to deal with .
wen i flew the C152 tehr i spotted the Emirates A380 lol
NB: it is less than 60 min driving from central london !! ( the point is u need a car )

3)They have two runways asphlat one and grass one .
(the asphalt one isn't equipped for the ILS , so they use Southend airpot , so u have an advantage ther )

4)very high pass rates .

5) very good recruiting record to graduates ( u can check their site )

6)Instructors are the best !! very professional , kind , down to earth.

7) 99% postive reviews

This what i concluded from all my visits and questions .
hope this helps evryone
thx,
Mina