PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sportcruiser - Opinions?
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2010, 19:23
steveking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a couple of hours in my friends new cruiser last week. I have flown them before but only for about 20mins here and there so was nice to a bit longer in one. At one point I was very close to getting one myself. I would say if you want a good GA looking rotax machine then you can't go to far wrong. My thoughts on + and -.

+
Large cockpit
Good styling,
Very GA looking, a lot of other rotax machines show there micro heritage.
As a second hand kit all the ones I have seen seem to be finished to a good standard.
Usual rotax economy
Good range and endurance.

-
As others have said lighter built than your typical cessna or PA 28 but no lighter than others in its class.
I am an RV owner so purely personal but just a little dull to fly.
Slightly unbalanced controls. Heavy aileron and light elevator but you soon get used to it.

If your thinking about a cruiser the best thing is to try all the others in its class. All the importers are more than happy to take you for a test flight. When I was looking I tried the Pioneer 300 hawk, TL Sting and the Breezer. I must admit I thought the Sting was a stunning aircraft to fly but at the time the wait for approval was just a little too long for me although I think its just about there now.

Watch out for trying an RV