PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 5th Oct 2010, 15:22
MylesSRi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Im keen on joing the air force, ive allways wanted to since i was about four. I started flying privately when i was fourteen and have been doing so for the last five years, ive forty hours experience, 3 exams passed, i nearly have my PPL. I've friends who are airline pilots and im lucky enough to train with fulltime air ambulance pilots, so i have a good insight into the civilan professional aviation scene. However what i seem to be picking up from these pilots is that they are bored with there fulltime jobs because they spend most of their time flying on autopilot, this has made me even more keen on joining the air force because i know i will be challenged in an RAF career and it will be exciting.

My question is, are RAF sponsorhip schemes open to anyone in any university? Im trying to gain a sponsorship because obviously it will help financially but more importantly ill get a shot at applying for the RAF now as a pilot rather than having to wait two more years before i finish university. However, i seem to be getting told that i cant get one because of the university im at, anyone be able to help?