PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 5th Oct 2010, 14:29
newton99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still, the EK package superior to EY by far. Not getting paid after 6 weeks out sick, what if I break a foot or something, sounds absolutely crazy that EY, nor QR, not paying you ! My research, I am considering applying in the ME, also seems to indicate EK rewards employee loyalty to a greater extent than EY, e.g :

1. EK awards tickets for life after 15 years service, EY no such policy.

2. When upgarding at EY you start at basic captain salary as in a DEC just joining the company no matter how many years at the company. In EK you join the captain payscale based on years with the company, i.e.at a higher payscale.

3. Pay raises at EK are based on a percentage (2-3 % ?) while at EY they are fixed AED amounts ( AED500-700 something ? ). That means my salary raises will be geater at EK than at EY as my basic salary increases with years served at the company.

4. EK's retirement contribution is starting at 12 % of your salary increasing to 15 % after 7 years served. EY only applies basic UAE law of one monthly salary awarded per years served, e.g. 3 years of service would constitute 3 monthly salaries, no incentive/reward to stay longer at EY.

5. Profir sharing contractual at EK while at EY based on managements goodwill. EK has been averaging 2-6 weeks profit share/yearly while I understand EY only once in their 6 year history paid out a 2 week bonus.

6. Currency protection. With the AED tied to the falling U$ I am to a certain extent protected against this contractually at EK while at EY I am at the mercy of the world's market currency swings. Great to have if you have loans back home/ sending money to your home country.

Feel free to correct me f I am mistaken in any of the above ramblings. But sure seems like EK rewards longevity and loyalty towards the company in a much greater extent than EY so I will try to get on with EK.