PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2010, 14:17
crwjerk

OK my turn........
RE: Resting on a long haul...... Captain will arrange rest time with his relief, F/O will arrange rest with the S/O, ( normally) Sometimes, both F/O's will be relief qualified and the rest becomes a bit more flexible. Can get a bit complicated depending on where the Crew is based. May have all, none, or half based somewhere other than HK.

I would SUSPECT ( cos i don't know) that the Instructor course thing that has now been canned, would have been the reason those guys did the AUS Air law. Nobody else had to do it I believe. Just a hunch.

The 90% Pass mark is the HKCAD's pass mark that you must get to pass the exams. Don't worry. You'll have the answers before you go in ......

Escape routes are very much a part of CX's operation. If you haven't got the chart out and studying it when you're in an area that it applies, you should not be operating the aeroplane. They are quite complex ( some more than others) and require discussion. Unless of course you're a slacker and just like staring out the window at 23000 ft mountains whooshing by.
They are quite often programmed into the Secondary Flight plan ( Airbus) or Route 2 ( 777 and 747 ). Briefly, you'll have a minimum height you can descend to, based on Jeppesen Minimum altitudes, and there's usually 2000 or 3000 feet added to it, depending on terrain height. I'm not gonna pull out my books cos it's too detailed for what you need to know right now. If the hills are too high, an escape route will be devised.

Hope this helps.