PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson 767 hard-landing at BRS creases fuselage
Old 5th Oct 2010, 11:29
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
To try and reassure the OP (korrol) I can say as a pax, that I read the 767 is eminently repairable and has been oft times - including from creases of this exact kind. This is due to the manner of it's construction and materials used.

The great thing about a/c is that, when it comes to be sold on, the technical log book will have full details of this problem and how it was resolved and by whom. Whereas, 11 years ago, when my lady's car suddenly twisted across the motorway and on to the hard shoulder with a broken steering system ...? Fortunately, she hit no one else and was uninjured as the car stayed right way up. The garage diagnosed that the car had been in a prang before she bought it six years earlier and the weakened part was just waiting to snap. The car had been bought from an authorised dealer of the car but the seller had not had to tell about that prang.

Lastly, before my flight on Sunday from AGP to LTN on a TOM 738, (landing on in rain and a wet runway and a crosswind) the greatest danger was the Spanish taxi driver.