PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2010, 10:30
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Em773ER

Since the training is in Australia do "recent cadets" have to do both CASA and HK exams? or just HK?... reason I ask this is because a previous batch of cadets (who are now instructors at FTA) had to go through the gruelling process of doing Australian air law after their training, as I understand HK air law is based on the english law?
Cadets nowadays only do HKTECH and HKATPL ground school exams. I have never heard of any cadet course being asked to do any Australian exams, apart from the BAK which is a prerequisite for the CASA GFPT.

Is it just an expectation for cadets to get at least 90% or is it an actual requirement to pass according to CX standards? I hear it a lot but i'm not sure if that's what's required.
SloppyJoe is obviously right, that's the way it is with any job out there. Cathay, though, will try to get you to work harder by saying that their cadets usually get a 90% average. Which is probably true but they aren't saying that because they will not hire you if you don't get 90%. Hope you get my drift.

Does anyone know much about Cathays escape routes? if they even still do them?
What do you mean by an escape route? Do you mean the set of published routes that pilots use to get a damaged aircraft away from hazardous terrain?