PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2010, 09:11
Em773ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some more questions :\

thanks holdmetight and crwjerk! answers a lot of questions in my head cheers

sorry to keep going, I have some more questions:

out of curiosity, do any (if not all) CX pilots (S/Os, F/Os, Captains) operate both PAX and cargo fleet?, as mentioned in previous posts some S/Os operate cargo fleets, just wondering if its something common.

I heard somewhere that S/Os actually get to land the aircraft sometimes, is this by any chance true or just BS?

Are they still doing the 3 year instructor course or is it just the long course and short course now?

Since the training is in Australia do "recent cadets" have to do both CASA and HK exams? or just HK?... reason I ask this is because a previous batch of cadets (who are now instructors at FTA) had to go through the gruelling process of doing Australian air law after their training, as I understand HK air law is based on the english law?

Is it just an expectation for cadets to get at least 90% or is it an actual requirement to pass according to CX standards? I hear it a lot but i'm not sure if that's what's required.

Does anyone know much about Cathays escape routes? if they even still do them?

do CX have an online roster system where crew can manage/swap/bid trips?

is there a time limit on how long individual pilots can sleep?, for example the HK to New York route which is about 16 hours, is there like an equal sleep policy with CX or do pilots just suss it out and sleep whenever they feel like it?

Sorry for all these questions everyone , just trying to be informed as much as I can and maybe someone out there might be thinking the same thing.

Thanks in advance!!