PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Over the fence throttle setting
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2010, 05:53
Cows getting bigger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, DFC is sort of right

CS23.75

The horizontal distance necessary to land and come to a complete stop from a point 15 m (50 ft) above the landing surface must be determined, for standard temperatures at each weight and altitude within the operational limits established for landing, as follows:
(a) A steady approach at not less than VREF, determined in accordance with CS 23.73 (a), (b) or (c) as appropriate, must be maintained down to 15 (landing m (50 ft) height and –
(1) The steady approach must be at a gradient of descent not greater than 5·2% (3°) down to the 15 m (50 ft) height.
(2) In addition, an applicant may demonstrate by tests that a maximum steady approach gradient, steeper than 5·2% (3°), down to the 15 m (50 ft) height is safe. The gradient must be established as an operating limitation and the information necessary to display the gradient must be available to the pilot by an appropriate instrument.
(b) A constant configuration must be main- tained throughout the manoeuvre;
(c) The landing must be made without excessive vertical acceleration or tendency to bounce, nose-over, ground loop, porpoise or water loop.
Personally I'll stick with the 'picture' I know works. I haven't got a clue what glideslope that presents.