PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sounds
Thread: Sounds
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2010, 20:09
boofhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did all those things, to no avail. I have been running diagnostics for two days, nothing comes up. I have two drives, although only one will work at a time to run the OS (Vista). I mirrored the drives, did not cure the problem. The old one would run the Wireless receiver (Linksys) but not sound, the new one would run sound but not the wireless.
I reloaded Vista in the old drive, it now runs sound but no wireless. I reloaded Vista in the new drive, it runs sound but no wireless. Neither one allows me to even see the wireless card (PCI) when I plug it in, it does not appear in Device Manager, so I cannot reload the driver.
The computer does not automatically recognize the card. I cannot find the original CD but I have a copy of the latest driver. With the new drive, before I reloaded Vista, I had power at the Wireless card, but now I don't.
I hope the sound problem is gone, but the computer is pretty useless without the wireless.
Each drive, when running as primary, has a different set of devices showing. One drive shows some network (but not the wireless card), the other has the LAN adaptor yellowed out and will not allow me to update.
I was thinking I could move the wireless to the network adaptor slot, since I do not use that (there are only two PCI slots).
Maybe buy a new wireless card?