PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747 lowish over Wimbledon
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2010, 19:27
baggersup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anybody can actually SEE the area clearly that is circled in red on the photo of the alleged aircraft, my hat's off to them. Even my trusty Sherlock Holmes spy glass cannot determine what that bit is hanging off the side. Hm.

We'll probably never hear a report on what happened.

But I was thinking back on my (ancient) days in the cabin before going on to other professions.

Once we went to automatic on the doors, if they did not set properly for some reason, a light would come on then. Before take-off and the flight engineer (yes, it was so long go some aircraft had a 3rd crew member) would alert us. I was on the old DC10 or the 747s when the latter were in their first decade of service. But there were alerts for this problem before take-off.

So...on this type of aircraft, if the door was not properly set to automatic (or whatever they call it today), wouldn't they know before take-off? Or could it be set to automatic, look good, and then once take-off occurs, "unset" itself and open? Guess so, if somebody set it and it looked good before take off.

It all sounds really odd. So any info from those who know would be interesting.