PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 4th Oct 2010, 19:13
VJW

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
guys listen, stop over complicating it.

BA mean to say you must have a f(ATPL) at least, and the reason for this is because they want to ensure once you meet the experience etc that you are actually able to obtain a full ATPL.

I'm FR and have 1800 hrs and a UK JAR CPL- if I'm lucky enough to get the job, I'll unfreeze the ATPL with the LST done on the BA type rating (even those already typed on the a/c BA choose you for, will still do an LST).

You only need a CPL to be FO as already mentioned, so you can't say that a ATPL with 1500 hrs TT is of any more use then a CPL holder with 1500TT if their both FO's - provided the CPL holder has done the ATPL theory and has the ability to upgrade whenever.

So lets move on.

Ps, glad the currency thing was cleared up for those being a bit hopeful in so much as saying a rating that expired 4 years ago is still current. Some guys mentioning they'd bring Lasors into the interview- I would love to see they guys face if you pulled that out. Mind you, you wouldn't have got an interview in the first place to shove lasors under their nose!

Good luck everyone