PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sportcruiser - Opinions?
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2010, 18:54
scottish_ppl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sportcruiser - Opinions?

Looking for any insight and opinions into whether a kit built Sportcruiser is a good choice to purchase, both as an ownership proposition, and flying characteristics?

Not quite sure what the UK support situation is likely to be if the type is now becoming a Pipersport and whether that is good or bad in terms of guaranteeing good sportcruiser support. Presumably the Piper deal could also be taken as a good endorsement of the basic design and manufacture of the aircraft.

In terms of flying it I have read some conflicting reports about the handling from very good, through to some that criticised the lightness of the elevator.

My thinking is that this should be a worthwhile step up from the Eurostar class which I had been thinking about, in terms of payload and performance, although at at least a 15K premium. Having seen a few at Sywell I was quite impressed by some I saw which is what has got me thinking and looking at them, although up till the dont know much about them.

Any insight, tips, opinions, whether +ve or -ve would be appreciated

(Another little voice is telling me I could get a good tried and tested RV for similar money, but I suspect the running costs would be a lot different just to confuse the decision making process even more)