PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2010, 18:44
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stampe and WWW,

As experienced airline pilots your opinions are not to be discounted lightly.

You both seem to be questioning the safety at BRS - especially Stampe.

If you are right why do professional pilots continue to operate into the airport putting their own and passengers' lives at risk?

These sort of comments were made at the time of the runway closure several years ago by a number of posters on PPRuNe whose profiles indicated they were professional pilots, yet so far as I'm aware no pilot has refused to operate into the airport since the runway re-opened (I'm not talking about on a particular occasion because of weather or other reason on the day). Of course, some of you may know different.

Either the airport is too dangerous to operate into or it isn't. If it is pilots should vote with their feet and not just their mouths.

If it isn't the comments are unhelpful at best and frightening to many passengers at worst.

As a SLF who has regularly used BRS for over thirty years and who knows his place in the world of aviation professionals, can I ask if there has been an enquiry held in record time that has blamed the airport for this incident?

I ask because pilots are forever, rightly I am sure, castigating people on PPRuNe for coming to their own conclusions about an incident before an enquiry has been held and the report pubished.