PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Flight Briefing Availability/Question
Old 4th Oct 2010, 15:25
Counter-rotation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many of you here (who have flown lately, anyway) are aware that DAP and AIP have been amended via HO NOTAM? The T/O minima for IFR departures has changed...

Give yourself an extra point if you know when it happened (again, assuming of course that you've been out and about IFR, and should have been reading HO NOTAM)

With respect to the "plain language" argument, it is a valid point in a lot of ways to move toward that, but honestly I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen! Personally I think that arse-covering has a bit of a hand in leaving it as it is. And it is after all, required of the pilot "prior to flight, to make a careful study of the information pertinent to the proposed flight" (or words pretty much to that effect).

I apologise if this sounds preachy, but my feeling is that it is not hard, and a point of professionalism, to do what is required - briefing yourself is required, and certainly possible in the current system. Professional pilots do it every day!

Cheers all, and that is not meant to be a dig at anyone, I can understand somewhat where you're coming from...

CR.