PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - White Waltham
Thread: White Waltham
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2010, 14:44
James Aidan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Chief Flying Instructor at West London Aero Club kindly lent me one of his collection of David Clarke headsets on Thursday 30th September on condition that I wrote "something nice about" him on pprune.
David Coe is a super guy, with talents almost unsurpassed in singing and instructing, and with a warmth of personality rarely found in the management circles of flying clubs.

(May I have the noise cancelling one next time, please?)

In response to suggestions that I may be nondom, may I firstly deny it, and secondly point out that I am a very fair critic in all areas, and would never comment negatively without pointing out the positive side of things. When the manager of Waltham reaches retirement age in a year or two, he will be able to reflect on achievements unprecedented during my near 20 year's membership at WLAC. He has gained planning permission for a large new hangar and also got it built. He has organized a new runway 29/11, and Waltham is busy now welcoming film crews to use the historic facilities and paying valuable funds to the club's coffers. It is true that he keeps a low profile with club members but it is hardly surprising given how much paperwork he has to deal with.
Contrary to nondom's assertions, the owner's wife DOES have an interest in aviation, as I found out when I first flew her to the Isles of Scilly. Also, she has a quirky sense of humour, which some may interpret as rude. The good thing is, though, she can take a joke.