PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 4th Oct 2010, 12:40
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,
Firstly a big thank you to Rapa and Cyrilroy for posting and providing me with a lead. I had applied to Air Nigeria within an hour of seeing the post. I have recently been advised by more people than against into doing an instructors rating. I am currently looking into this further, however was wondering if anyone could please give me some indication of if there is much recruitment happening within this area.

I have been invited back to Algeria and would be delighted to go back, but knowing that I have a full licence I feel that I am wasting my time doing so. I feel that I could be applying for more positions worldwide. I have spent all morning for the fourth time applying to every airline in the world using Wikipedia. I’m grateful of people saying that they would hire me if they had any influence. I have been on this rollercoaster ride for over a year now trying to find work. However I still have the determination and courage to travel this path instead falling out like some. Sure I feel like my courage is dented at times however as someone on here said once. It’s a battle for the strongest, and only the weak will drop out. Even though I don’t agree completely with this as some people drop of this road for personal reasons.

I just can’t get my head around this industry; I have spent my entire working life apart for 10 months in the aviation industry. From hangar cleaning, baggage handler all the way to designing power supply systems for space shuttles. I always thought that if my CV was full of aviation related jobs I had it would favour me when I applied for flight crew positions.

I don’t regret for single second travelling to Africa living in a tent looking for a flying position. I don’t even regret the number of times I have travelled around the country sleeping in my car visiting airfields. It has all made me stronger.

However I was wondering and to a certain degree pleading for your help. I know you don’t know me and I also know that you may be thinking that “this is just how thing go”. But if you find it in your hearts please would you guide me on the right track, it does not have to be leads or contact just some advice of what I could or should be doing. I appreciate everyone’s views, I’m not the only one on this journey there are thousands like me and we look up to our seniors which are you for help.

Please PM if you feel that it would be of some use.

Kash360.