PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Engineering
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2010, 12:16
Safety Concerns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It may come as a surprise flamebringer but not everybody in the industry is licensed. Every position you and your type take for free is PREVENTING an unlicensed mechanic getting a paid job.

There should be no such thing as unpaid work in the 21st century. The industry needs you more than you need them. It is your inexperience that prevents you seeing that.

With not enough technicians for current in service aircraft how do you consider working for free will help? Aviation is no longer willing to pay, support or to train the very people it needs. That says everything about this industry.

Working for free under any circumstances is a fools game. Even if you don't see that today or tomorrow it will bite you back during your career and you will regret not listening.

I do understand you want to get into this industry and I do understand that you need experience. I am suggesting you dump the lot and find an industry more worthy of your attitude and skills.

I know my message is unwelcome but its true. Its just like me telling you not to marry the woman you love because she has aids and is a prostitute.
Hard but true message which you won't thank me for today but will thank me for in the future. (obviously I don't mean this literally in your case)