PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2010, 12:06
Lotpax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I second Shack37.

As I said many hundreds of posts ago, I am concerned by a cabal of people on here who seem to think that BA can do no wrong.

I have certainly seen regression at BA in the past 2-3 years that is nothing to do with the cabin crew.

The 'service' is much more process driven ('computer says no') and some good people have been disempowered.

I've just received a substantial cash payment for 'service recovery' for one incident and another large wad of miles for the same reason on another. Both incidents could have been avoided, but there was no policy to apply, so BA ends up shooting itself in the foot, at the cost of several hundred euros.

For example, why would you refuse to move a pax on a connecting flight to the flight before (on a non changeable ticket), when there is industrial action at the point of departure, causing delays and the pax is on a tight connection?

Add to that that your airline does not have a flight to the final destination the next day.

So the pax misses the flight by 30 minutes (when he could have made it by the same margin on the earlier flight, which had spare seats.)

The airline pays for hotac and meals and then re-routes the pax on a competitor the next day.

Tell me where the sense is in this decision? How much did that remove form the bottom line, when it could have been easily avoid with little or no cost and some common sense?

If that is what I am experiencing as a gold card holder, goodness knows what Betty Girl and Jetset Lady go through every day.

There are two sides to every story.