PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Engineering
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2010, 11:14
flame_bringer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats your perspective people because you're already employed and experienced.
But for people like me and tache we have to put up with the slavery so you can't generalize your situation onto the industry.
If he couldn't make the cut to an apprenticeship, and couldn't be hired and he has the A license already but of no use owing to the defeciency of experience and that needs to be validated by some experience, what else do you advise him to do apart from working for free?
It's definitely not the nice recommendation that matmax offered which was ''for free , i stay at home ... ''.
He has to show some deligence in the beginning of his career if he wants to get in especially in the current hard time and extreme difficulty to finding a job for someone like him and me with practically no experience in the industry.
I consider myself lucky for finding a job but if I was him I would definitely work for free for the required amount of time to fullfill the EASA requirments to holding a B license without any complaint.
Before griping about us working for free take a minute of your time and put yourself in our shoe, what else would you do apart from working for free and staying home if there are no jobs to none experienced people whatsoever?

Last edited by flame_bringer; 4th Oct 2010 at 11:32.