PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next Step?
Thread: Next Step?
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2010, 08:40
The Green Goblin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Goblin
... other times I would suggest to take a look in the mirror and have a good laugh
...and that would be the pot calling the kettle black... and for all intents and purposes-
Good catch, one of the perils of using an iphone. Post edited.

Quote:
Command time = Captain. Simple.
A Captain has a crew. A single pilot doesn't. A single pilot logs command time as "pilot in command", which is what he or she is. A pilot.

Just to help you out with your comprehension problems, let's look at the definition of "Captain":

"Captain. One who commands, leads, or guides others, especially:a. The officer in command of a ship, an aircraft, or a spacecraft.
b. A precinct commander in a police or fire department, usually ranking above a lieutenant and below a chief.
c. The designated leader of a team or crew in sports."

Without "others" to command, you can't be a Captain. Terribly sorry.

You can still wear your four bars though, if it makes you feel better...
We will have to agree to disagree. I suppose everyone who advertises for Kingair Captains then must be wrong with your method of thinking!

Oh and every Cessna trim sheet must also be wrong when they require a Captains signature down the bottom (even a C150 from memory)and if you get a call from a plan submitted via NAIPS, they will also call you Captain (even when it was in a 210 etc) when calling to confirm the details.

Anyway we will agree to disagree. Whilst I would not expect to be called Captain while flying a single Pilot aeroplane, or to wear 4 bars, as I said earlier, for all intensive purposes you are still a Captain (and in command) of an aeroplane.

So is an instructor in his or her 152 a "Captain"?

Some of you guys crack me up...
With your method of thinking YES as there is more than one Pilot at the controls

Last edited by The Green Goblin; 6th Oct 2010 at 12:08.