PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana
Thread: Air Astana
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2010, 02:32
Shasliva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Astana

Someone ask me about conmuting to the US, it's about a 24 hour ordeal. Going home you go in favor of the clock, meaning you arrive the same date you leave Kaz, on the way back, it's a 3 day lost in the calendar, (still 24 hr travel)
One more thing they took away, it's the "day off after leave to rest", no more anybody cares if you are rested after your conmute back, they don't really care about you. So, if you have 14 days off, you loose 4 from your days off! Ouch!
Think about it!
Also company gives you economy class tickets to somewhere in Europe (not upgradable, don't eve hope for it at LH), the tickets are on a request basis, not confirmed, meaning, you may, you may not fly home the same date you are booked, I just flew to FRA, twice w/in a mo, and both flight were fully booked (A340), not one seat left!, I barely made it.
I heard stories of guys getting stuck for up to 2 days (even to go to training).
Anyway, that's half the ordeal, then you must buy your discounted ticket from FRA or LHR or wherever it is that you travel to and from on LH or any of the other airlines in interline agreements.
Just go to Lufthansa website, and do a travel booking, that will give you the best idea of your commute.
Be prepared to eat the same meal 3 times a day, 30 days a mo, 365 days a year!, wheter it is Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner, it don't matter, beef, chicken or fish (sometimes no options!).
Flight crews for the most part are awesome, they will take care of you as best as they can, no complaints there, no grumpy old B....
Good Luck guys, hope you all find better options, myself and quite a few other guys I know are on our way "out of here"!.....