PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2010, 01:48
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just think this dispute seems to have brought out of the woodwork all sorts of people that just seem to want to have a pop at crew. It is a great shame and it is no wonder that people like me that did not strike feel almost as wretched as the strikers.
I would respectfully disagree, at least to the extent that your comment relates to this forum.

We are SLF, either simply passengers, premium passengers, or stockholders, in some cases all three.

Our perspective is a tad different from Cabin Crew, especially the rather militant heart of BASSA. Without being unduly harsh, I have worked long hours, my son (now in this late 20's) went to the office with me in evening hours (blanket and pillow packaged) with his homework and papers whilst I had to write a brief to be ready in the morning. Other individuals here have made sacrifices regarding family and personal time in their professions.

The "I don't feel appreciated because of something that MIGHT happen" is something we have been hearing for quite some time from both the BASSA faithful, and now others. The reality is that all of us do our work and hope for the best and deal with the same insecurity.

Reality doesn't mean that BA or your passengers don't appreciate your performance. It does mean that many of us ask that you not ask for plaudits for doing what you are paid to do. Many of us do that day in and day out. That's what we're paid to do.