PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 21:29
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excuse me...but can anyone give me a reason why the opinion is that BA doesn't appreciate crew anymore?? Other than MixedFleet?

From a SLF point of view it is obvious that Mixed Fleet has a lot of Legacy Crew bugged. Why? If they can't provide an superior service, as so many Legacy Crew seem to be determined to communicate, then it will be obvious.

But truly...time away from home during holidays?? EVERY Cabin Crew member from every airline can make that claim. It is not exclusive to BA. Feeling special? BA cabin crew felt special because of their terms and conditions including their high pay rate. Let's be brutal, its been awhile since the premium passenger population rated BA at the top of the game.

BA hasn't "done" anything to Cabin Crew other than try to maintain a lifestyle for legacy crew while building for the future and meeting the needs of their SLF, and having Cabin Crew tell them time and time again "No".

I understand that BASSA screwed up and put Cabin Crew in a position that is not ideal...but Cabin Crew had a choice. This is the path the majority chose.

BA is going to tread carefully around ANY Cabin Crew issue because the Cabin Crew union has declared war on the company (remember that phrase guerilla tactics). It is not a war of their making and there is no way that any Cabin Crew member will ever convince the Street, stockholders or the public that working one down was outrageous, but it is a threat that was brought to them.

When will Cabin Crew start getting as angry with BASSA, who created their present situation, as they seem to be with BA. I'm sorry but as SLF, watching the path Cabin Crew have taken, my sympathy to the group as a whole is limited.