PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bucks New university plus CCAT
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 19:55
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
Well said Mad Jock: basically concentrate on one and get it right, then concentrate on the other and get it right (or just do one or the other depending upon the career options you want). Degree then professional licences seems to be the right way around.

Incidentally, whilst they're far from everything, take a look also at published British university league tables. Bucks New Uni is 113rd out of 118 in the Guardian league table, 87th out of 113 in the Complete University Guide, or 119th out of 122 in the Sunday Times University guide. I'm not quite sure why they disagree about the number of universities in the United Kingdom - but the picture is reasonably consistent.

(Actually, I do have a lot of time for BNU - it has a fantastic employability record and provides valuable education and training for young people in Buckinghamshire, mostly still living with their families, who otherwise just wouldn't be able to go to University. But, it really is not a world class university - and I really wouldn't come here from another country).

G