PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 08:55
plodding along

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the strikers feel very let down mostly because they feel an injustice has been done to them in their staff travel being taken away.
The strikers feel let down!!!! What about the rest of us that took pay cuts and increased productivity only to watch a strike waste it all because crew were too precious to do the same?

Let's remember this is not a first, there was an aborted strike in 2007 over what exactly? 12 bizarre points.
That cost the company a fortune and arguably lost us all the full 10% bonus that year.

The following year BASSA threatened another ballot.

2009 saw another huge waste of money with the snow disruption, it was BASSA that refused an alleviation and once again cost the company a fortune.

I won't even go down the hot towel route again.

The rest of us feel let down by BASSA and it's devoted followers, we have had enough.

If staff travel was returned then the whole dispute would have been pointless and we will not doubt be back in dispute in a year or two.

Can people not see that this can't go on year after year?

Personally, I would like to see staff travel offered back in full in exchange for a £150million cost saving program from current crew.
Could be something like £30m per year for five years and easily be achieved through productivity changes.

That would be fair to all. Anyone prepared to work harder to get their collegue's concessions back?