PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA to EASA
Thread: FAA to EASA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 03:35
grounded27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lonewolf_50

How many of you recall Frank Lorenzo's union busting moves at Continental? 80's vintage, as I recall
I believe it to be the eastern days of Lorenzo that had congress in the usa classify US A&P's as semi skilled labor blocking us from many opportunities and contributing tothe disparity between pilot and tech pay that has grown quickly.

DODO56

Grounded27, unlicensed labor isn't necessarily a problem per se if suitably managed. Remember, many of these will be competent guys who are simply building their hours towards a licence. Others may be connies with many years experience and no desire to get licensed. In component repair companies there wil be no licensed guys because the company holds the approval not the individuals.
I have in fact been a sucessfull MGR of unskilled labour, MRO's seek out a high percentage of unskilled labour and ride that razors edge on the hard to enforce rules as so. I was lucky to have 20-25% of my mechanics with an Liscence, Sheetmetal and Avonics were hard to maintain a lead mechanic with an AMT liscense. Contractors are generally a large percentage of your liscenced workforce and they come and go quickly (think this is the manuplative factor). My only sucess was making the blood sucking company lots of mony at the expense of my soul.

As a result of the before mentioned factors I gave up on this career choice as soon as my avionics position with a reputable airline finally acceped me.

Lonewolf again,

The outsourcing isn't the problem if the standards are maintained, and can be shown to be maintained.

Where's the audit trail?
No it is not, but between the lines above, repair stations have many loopholes domestic and abroad thus it is a big freaking problem for every FAA/EASA/CAA tech as it is teaking the bread off our tables in a very underhanded way. MORE OVERSIGHT!

MORE OVERSIGHT!!!! Unfortunately the only time we get attention is from loss, loss of life and profit. We are a liability to the businesses we carry on our backs. Sorry bunch arn't we. We lack unification, we should support eachother globally as opposed to our snied, bull****, ego driven crap that justifies our position as opposed to each other.

One global system I say for all my brothers with solid knowledge of aircraft systems.