PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 00:49
Desk Jocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let staff travel be a perk if you wish but when BA removed it from those of us who participated in lawful industrial action it was done as a form of punishment. Nothing else.
As so this statement that is on the ST logon screen is irrelevent then?

Staff travel is a non-contractual and discretionary benefit granted at the sole discretion of BA and as such can be withdrawn or varied at the sole discretion of the Company at any time.

BA allows its staff to reside overseas.
Staff choose to reside overseas, BA may allows them to use staff travel as a means to get to work, but it in no way forces staff to reside overseas, unless it is where they are stationed for their job.

BA, and especially WW himself, has made life difficult for many loyal and long serving crew.
Loyalty is earnt not gained through long service.

I will definitely support any commuter who has lost their staff travel. I doubt very few of us will be here in eight years because by then we, including those who crossed the picket line, would have been replaced by Mixed Fleet.
Pure supposition I think, as unless you have a crystal ball, there is no telling how long it will take for current main crew to be replaced, and the best estimates so far have been closer to 10 years and probably longer.
That is if you don't attempt further IA, and force BA's hand?