Old 2nd Oct 2010, 16:14
John Wayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would choose Air china

Hainan current process:

1.CAAC ATPL medium dificulty, just prepare in 15 days
2.CAAC Medical. Tough
3.Sim (4 hours ). Tough.
4.ICAO IV (they used to have their own facility, now closed due to cheating to CAAC with their own´s pilot ICAO IV level) Medium difficulty.

At this point you are contracted through an agency ( GPS is biggest).

5.VISA medical (can cause as much problems as CAAC one) Tough.
6.SOP check (8 trainig sessions+ 1 checkride) Tough check.
7.Special 45 min check for all company captains (due to the Henan accident) This is where they are failing a lot of captains now. TOUGH
8.Line training (usually a minimum flights RH seat+ flights LH seat+1check). Medium.

You can be failed in any of this 8 parts, I know people sent home on each of them. Last year 50 pilots tried 737, only 4 flying, some offered a copilot job. I would say chances to pass all are around 15%-20%.

If you have a current job, consider seriously going to Hainan before resigning, any fail after being contracted can send you home (several did).

The roster is WEEKLY, yes WEEKLYĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦ every friday night, when they comply...sometimes on sunday.

You can be fined with 500 USD almost for any reason like not maintaining the crew in line while on the way to the aircraft, not wearing a hat, QAR´s, etc...there is a list...with prices.

Just 10% of them speak english. But they fly everywhere like this.

The salary is not exactly as stated in the offer. Be careful.

Some like the recruitment responsible guy Adam Liu do no care much and do not infor much about anything going around to you.

And now, good luck if you like to try ĦĦĦĦĦĦ

I would say Hainan is a kind of non-serious, and chinese Korean Airlines