PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wycombe Air Park comes under scrutiny
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2010, 12:18
Prophead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to have a business that was based around land development and saw how the system worked first hand for years. There is so much money to be made here by so many people and so many 'sweetners' within this sector that I would say this is a done deal.

If I had any kind of business based at the airfield I would be looking for alternative premises. Unfortunately the only people that would support the airfield would be the users and maybe a few locals who realise that a stadium would cause many more problems than the airfield does.

People are obsessed with their house prices and have been brainwashed into thinking that aircraft flying overhead has a negative affect on them, they will vote for the stdium without thinking. The whole process will be dragged out to make it look like some kind of consultation has taken place but this will have been signed and sealed long ago either on a golf course or in a resteraunt somewhere. Anyone that stands in the way may well find themselves out of a job. The people that let it happen will probably be promoted and have a conference suite in the hotel named after them. Its just the way it works im afraid.