PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 2nd Oct 2010, 11:48
scoteros

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doublesector,

It is funny that people complain when they have to pay 150 for an interview with FZ when thousand of pilots in Europe have paid 250 Euros to Ryanair to be able to send their CV get an interview and do a sim check...

If you want to compare FZ with other companies you have to compare with other low cost airlines and not EK.

Also EK is operating B777 , A330/340/380 , B747 and not B737 and you should know that in our industry the bigger the aircraft the more you are paid...

So comparing the package on offer to EK with the one in FZ is not ( for me ) relevant.

To finish on the subject , you must know that some pilots have had the opportunity to join EK at the same time than FZ and they have chosen FZ...

Between starting as a captain in FZ and starting as a first officer at EK , do you math again and you will see that the package is not as good as you seem to think.

But again , as I have said to captain Mainwaring before , diversity is part of our world and what sound nice to you may not be the case for me and vice versa...

If tomorrow EK comes to me and offer me a position in their company , I will refuse it.
I have met pilots for the last 15 years who were flying for EK or are still flying there and with what I have heart , I prefer to be in FZ.
I can even tell you that 2 pilots that I know have left EK ( captain B777 ) to join Ryanair last year...

So you see...