PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - J- Air Contracts Canceled
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2010, 09:05
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dominican

Thank you for your reply. The dusting of the CV was 'tongue in cheek', initially responding to you mentioning it. However, I certainly would get no joy or relish anyone losing any job. Purely from a selfish point of view it would never do me any good to have more pilots out of work, but my concerns are not as non cerebral as that. I was once lulled into the false sense of security that you display here. You have written glowingly about AJV/JP express for years. It is easier to see changes from the outside, unlike you looking from the inside out. And it is pretty obvious to me, and others that times are a changing in Japan. And you are a guest there. When the Japanese cancel contracts, they do in en masse(recently, 737s, 744s,742s,EMB170/190s). It would be terrible to be one of 150+ 767 pilots looking for work. All chasing the same jobs. All with exactly the same time and experience. One thing that will get you a head start is time. To be ready, prepared in case the worst does in fact happen. If you dont want to dust it, at least locate your CV and keep in your top drawer. Sure use it as a beer mat or something. But just keep it handy.
None of this is said in jest or bad taste.
Thank you for your response Shannon, I find it interesting that you have read some of my post and concluded that I think my position is "secure" and at the same time I have been criticized by some of my colleagues for being blunt about the condition of instability of the contract world, the Ironies of life. I again tell you that I appreciate your concern but I have no sense of urgency and it is not because I am blinded to the market conditions in Japan but rather because I see the market conditions worldwide and with many opportunities developing in the international market I just don't feel that sense of urgency or impending doom even if I am to loose the job tomorrow, after 30 years in this business and having had the rug pulled from under me quite a few times all of a sudden finding myself unemployed is simply not really that big of a deal because if there is something that I have learned in this career is that you will loose many jobs but the next one is always around the corner and I just think that your interpretation of the world job's market is just plain wrong, don't worry about the day that I will find myself unemployed (next week, next year or whenever) I'm not, Why should you?

[QUOTEone that you would not at all be surprised to hear was ending, or in fact, you seem to expect to hear this news.

Really?][/QUOTE]

The answer to that question is no and many of the reasons why I feel that way I can't really discuss on this forum