PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2010, 05:08
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably the wrong place to post as I probably don't know what I'm talking about. However some advice would be much appreciated. The question might easily have been asked before although I have not found it.

If one were to buy a Mac Pro what extras would be the favoured ones? I note for example that a solid state hard drive is available in various options, all of which are quite expensive. Would this be a favoured option for a travelling man? One can spec up a 15" Mac Pro to a prodigious amount of money.
When I ask at the Apple store near where I stay in England I am always asked what I'm going to do with the computer. It was on that basis that I specked (?) my last Sony PC. However, after two years I find that that that machine is not capable of running Total War for example, so I need to plan ahead for the dotage. Any advice would be appreciated including software suggestions.
Thank you.

An added thought. The same specification Apple Mac in the States is much cheaper than in the UK even when you add 7% sales tax to the on line prices. Extras are considerably cheaper in the USA as well. A solid state drive over there is in $ to £-as usual! Any downsides to buying an Apple Stateside with extended warranty and one to one for use in Europe and other areas where there are Apple shops?

Last edited by cavortingcheetah; 2nd Oct 2010 at 05:27.