PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2010, 18:11
bearfoil

henra

I can't disagree, your statements are logical and appropriate. My points I make knowing that the investigation is polluted by human nature. All human endeavour is subject to an agenda. Isabella didn't floor Columbus hoping to enrich the Global culture or invent Anthropology.

And there is nothing 'wrong' with this. Without motive, humans would die a lethargic extinction for want of desire.

Here, the motive should be Safety, alone. We all know Safety is a result of analysis; the safest a/c might be a 380 carrying six passengers with eject seats and Mars surveyor air bags. Any economic decision is based in this way. My point is that if the search were a bit more energetic (read expensive), the long term effect on aviation would bolster bottom lines everywhere, even for carriers who do not deserve the windfall. Any excursion into parochial interest diminishes any endeavour. Short sightedness did not get aviation to where we are today (here I mean progress). At some point, the effort must career into Safety alone, if only for the positive effect on business. (I too am human, and despise short term selfishness, all too evident here in this accident). I rue the environment of quick "buckitis", it destroys "vision", something in short supply, imo.

cheers,
bear