PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Oct 2010, 17:41
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Well ottergirl I have spoken to three temps going to mixed fleet and one new CSM, who was main crew until a week or so ago, and all four said that, that was in the contact.

It has amazed me too. These crew are going to be earning even less that LGW crew and we all know that many of them say they struggle on their pay.

Gatwick crew get a breakfast voucher at some destinations and this helps them with their meal bills but these new crew will not get that.

LGW crew also get dry cleaning vouchers and these new crew do not.

Both us and LGW have our Visas paid for, Mixed fleet do not.

Both us and LGW have our vaccinations paid for at BA health services and these new crew have to pay for theirs!!!

Yes it is definitely only one weeks notice but they have to give 4 weeks if they want to leave.

There is definitely a clause that says in times of over crewing they can be stood down on NO PAY or asked to carry out ground duties and ground duties can be forced on them at anytime the company wishes if the company needs ground duties undertaken. This includes working in the terminal and the hourly rate would be paid.

Also there is a clause that says if there weight does not stay in proportion to their height they can be dismissed.

The three temps I talked to were very worried and totally fed up of how they were being treated by BA. All of them said they were basically going to give it a go for a few months and see how it panned out but all of them were worried that they would not be earning enough and one basically said she was going to do it, just, until something better came up.

The crew member that got CSM was a bit more upbeat but then she is getting rapid promotion and a pay rise but she was worried about the stand down clause but reckoned that as it was an expanding fleet it was unlikely that, that would happen. Well for her sake I hope she is right because she was a really nice girl.