PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Oct 2010, 17:10
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

No 15,
I really do hope for all your sakes that Bassa does not take you out on strike again.

I have a friend who has just done her SEP last week and she saw her manager dressed as crew doing aircraft training as a VCC. Her manager, who she is very friendly with, told her that she had been pushed into doing it. She said that she had been trying to avoid it but all Crew Managers were being told that they have to do it now. Firstly to support BA in case of a strike but also so that they can be called upon in other disruption situations to assist BA. As they often fly with there CSDs and Pursers on line anyway it will be easy for them to stay recent. Anyway she went on to say that there are still loads of VCCs being trained up.

I have had a number of VCCs fly on my E/F flights to maintain their recency also and many are flying on LGW flights to maintain the 777 licence.

I worry that you lot will all strike again and he will just sack you all and then fight it in the courts. You see you still do have something to lose, your job. You seem like a really good crew member, please don't put your job at risk.