PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Oct 2010, 16:50
BackingBA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No15,

it is my opinion that if there were no VCC's nor Cabin Crew crossing picket lines then this dispute would have been over months ago
To use a war time analogy so beloved by BASSA if the British had surrendered at Dunkirk or the RAF had decided that the Battle of Britain wasn't worth the trouble then WWII would have been over by Xmas 1940 and no British cities would have been bombed. I am sure the Germans would have been delighted but sometimes its worth standing up for what you believe in.

While you have every right to strike, others have every right to go to work if they want. To then blame, and in some cases intimidate (I am not refering to you personally), those whose views are different to yours is childish and petulant. The failure lies in the union leadership in not anticipating the effect, or lack of, the strike. The value of strikes just like nuclear weapons lies in their deterrant value. Once the strike takes place the value and advantage of them is lost. It just leads to Mutually Assured Destruction its MAD.

All the best