PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2010, 15:15
SW1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was asked questions such as MLW, MTOW of the A320 and when alpha Floor is inhibited, this was asked in my stage 2 and 3 by a 777 captain and the 747 chief pilot. they wrote the numbers down I quoted, so very easy to go and look it up afterwards.

Basic ATPL knowledge will be tested for example. "Tell me about the fuel system of the Airbus?" So I explained. "Where is fuel used first?" My answer was centre tanks first, inner tanks then outer tanks. We keep fuel in the centre tanks for CG purposes.

This lead to " Why do we keep fuel in the wings" My answer- to alleviate wing bending relief and flutter. This lead to explain effect of stalling speed with aft cg, forward cg, what this does to our range, tailplane downforce etc

My point is they will chop and change between type specific and ATPL thoery knowledge, its all performance, Aerodynamics, engines type questions on basic knowledge. I had a DALR, SALR question to do on the board as well. That can be found from their JKI booklet.

Moral of the story is, know everything you can about your current aircraft. incidentally they didnt ask me to explain anything fabout the twin model they had on the table. Although i was asked to identify the large 777 model. Funny thing was, they were like, what model is this? I said its a 777-300ER. How did I know they asked, because it says GE90 (in small print) on the engines. We better scrub that off was their reply Its got 5 exits as well, so that will immediatly allow you to indentify it as a 777-300ER, 300 series. The 200 series only has 4 exits.