PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2010, 12:08
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However, there is zero doubt that the trustee is the legal owner, and piercing a trust arrangement is very difficult. Trusts have been established for centuries and are accepted widely.

The trust which is Non European is the legal owner so no problem there we then come to the operator?

The PPL flying a Cirrus would be classified as the operator unless He/she secures a third party operator?

It all comes down to the definition of operator which may not be as clear on a one man band show as in a larger aircraft where it is common practice to use an outside operator while having the crew seperate.

Whether using a facility in the IOM on the IOM reg classified as an "operator" but in reality a routing system would suffice who knows.
Regardless I could see many court cases.

We should do what the french have always done. 10000 N reg pilots all ignoring the law and refusing to accept or acknowledge that law would cause pandemonium and a relook at the whole thing but we are not the french.

As one poster put it we shouldl just lie down and be raped with a smile on our faces in gratitude to the rapist

Face it my proposal of a mass petition generated through the huge focus of PPRUNE and its thousands of aviation enthusiasts hardly generated any interest?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 1st Oct 2010 at 12:22.