PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2010, 23:04
Tonyq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s.c. - you would do well to go back to the words Jim French has used to describe the targets they are looking at - 'digestible' and 'bridgehead'.

A bridgehead is any position gained that can be used as a foothold for further advancement. Baboo fits that bill perfectly. A small continental beginning, from which they can build, plus the tiny fleet is wholly compatible and digestible into the existing fleet.

Cityjet is a different animal altogether - a different business model, nearly as many aircraft as Flybe, mostly fairly ancient and incompatible and a route network which is UK and Ireland focused and not a bridgehead to Europe. It would absorb a lot of the planned 175 deliveries to renew the fleet and a massive amount of management time, which could even destabilise the core business.

I have no connection to BE, or any other airline, other than as a very regular pax, and I would bet you all my FlyBe points that you are barking up totally the wrong tree here promoting the Cityjet theory.

BTW, congratulations on the astronomical post rate - have you nothing better to do.