PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2010, 20:36
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we expect to have legislative control over our own people
But forcing European residents does not give legislative control as those licences have no bearing to an FAA aircraft.

If you hold an EASA ATP you cannot legally earn an income flying an N reg Jet if you as the Captain crash that N reg Jet its the FAA licences which will be checked not your EASA licences, its the FAA who will have control over their aircraft not EASA.

Yes EASA may have the power to legislate that you must hold a marine boat handling certificate to fly N reg aircraft and it might as well be a marine boat handlling cetificate but that has no bearing on flying the aircraft The EASA licences have NO bearing whatsoever. If something goes wrong the buck stops with the FAA.

So really this has no meaning other than a back door attempt at a legal move to try and curb the use of foreign reg aircraft based in Europe.
It is a loophole EASA hope they have found but gives them NO control in that sense.
If so what EASA licences do i need to fly a Business jet which in FAA land can be flown on a PPL IR? I cannot accept money using an EASA licence so in law that licence would have no meaning. Just think it through!

Various European countries have tried to stop N reg in the past and failed so I presume some clever legal Eagle has suggested this! Whether it would stand up to legal scrutiny would be up to the courts to decide.
My gut instincts are that as in the past It is flawed in a number of areas and there is a legal battle to be had if someone takes it on?

but that is the BIG question will someone take it on or have the money time and motivation to do so ?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 30th Sep 2010 at 21:05.