PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2010, 20:20
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

You have reprinted half a sentence. It was the short haul reps that were more militant than the long haul reps who broke away to form CC89.

At that time and before CC89 broke away, crew who were short haul and those that had previously been working for British Airtours were part of the short haul section of Bassa and those that were long haul crew were part of the long haul branch of Bassa.

I was not saying that any crew were more militant than any other crew, just the Bassa shorthaul reps were more militant than the longhaul reps who chose to break away and form CC89.

Call 100,
I was told that they had lost proportionately more members than Bassa due to the fact that CC89 members tend to be more moderate.

I was also told that the Unite leadership was fed up of the two unions arguing and told the CC89 reps to take a back seat for the sake of showing a unified front.

I have been a CC89 member since it started and I can assure you that the union that I have known all these years would not have wanted to call the 12 days of Christmas mess and that is why it has lost so many members.

Last edited by Betty girl; 30th Sep 2010 at 20:42.