PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - J- Air Contracts Canceled
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2010, 16:40
shannon boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
time to start dusting your CV dom...

This is from BBC news today

The big manufacturers questioned said they expected confidence to fall back to -1 by the end of the year.
Japanese exporters have been hurt by the strong yen, which has fallen below 84 to the dollar again, despite government intervention to weaken it.
The dollar buys fewer yen as the Japanese currency strengthens.
The Tankan survey of 11,000 companies is carried out every quarter by Japan's central bank.
The survey, which reports the percentage of optimistic firms minus the percentage of pessimistic ones, hit a record low of -58 in early 2009.
Manufacturers now expect the reading to fall back into negative territory by December, thanks to the strong yen, while company investment plans were weaker than previously forecast

I think you should look again at your glass.

I am just wondering about the article in FLIGHT INTERNATIONAL two weeks ago that said JAL was terminating the entire B744 fleet as of the end of 2010. What do you expect to happen to these 36 fully crewed aircrafts' flight crew? I say they will be pushed into the likes of JP express etc, and guess who will be pushed out? Got your duster?!

Not today of course, but over time.