PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2010, 15:43
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
IO540:

But your aeroplane was already on the G-register!

I agree that getting it back on to the G-register would not be cheap for several waves (if not a sunami) will undoubtedly be made by the CAA about the time that it has been off the G-register.

I know of one chap who found his aeroplane quite worthless when he tried to revert and he could not prove that every single mod had been done, not just when it had been N-registered, but before that when it was on the CAA register.

Thus, it could be that you will have to fly the Atlantic in Tin Tac to flog it in the US of A one day but don't expect the local FAA guy to accept as "sight unseen" either.

I wish I could offer an alternative policy but, at the end of the day, you and I are going to be stuck with whatever the European Authorities decide.

"Whenever I have acted out of fear, I always LOST money".

Is this all about money Peter? I doubt it. You should have courage in your own ability for you are surely no idiot in my opinion. I know you to be a good planner and your plans usually work out well.

If you were ever to ask for my advice, I would say go for a CAA IR. I know you will have to bite your tongue on occasion but I have little doubt that you would hack it and then you would be qualified on both sides of the fence.

In the end, it would be the cheaper option.