PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2010, 15:15
OnApproach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok i'll share this.. not sure if it fits in with what your after but its worth a shot...

I used to travel quite a bit between DUB and LHR for work.. mainly early morning flights to get to the UK office nice and early.. anyway, i used to just keep to myself while queuing and waiting around at gates etc.. just listening to my MP3 player..

anyway one flight we were queuing at the check-in desk, only one open and everyone quietly queuing and getting along fine..

a second desk opens and before anyone from the front of the queue has a chance to move over to check in, this "high horse young business woman snotty rich bitch" type comes running down from the back of the queue and jumps in front of everyone.. so im intrigued, i turn off my mp3 player for a listen to see if anyone she cut in front of will say anything..

one guy shouts "oi there is a queue here love!" she looks at him as if he is something she found on the bottom of her shoe and replies "eh there is two desks open.. its not my problem if you dont know how things work in an airport.. im a frequent flyer!"

I giggled a bit thinking "karma catches up on these people" so at the gate it was the same (despite us having predefined seats!!) she was skipping the queue the whole way up.. anyway.. the best bit...

were on the tarmac and the cc are doing safety demo.. right in the middle you hear (doo, do do dooo, doo do do dooo, doo do doo doo dooooo) my impression of a nokia ringtone and low and behold its her phone..

she whips out the phone and answers it, and as quickly as she does a member of cc asks her to switch off.. she tuts and sighs a bit and turns if off...

as she does, i decide to pipe up.. "wow, i would have thought a frequent flyer would have known your not allowed have a phone switched on during take-off" which was met with an eruption of laugher from the whole back section of the plane

success!!